Saturday, July 24, 2010

How Evil Eye Works?

Written on Oct 15th , 2009
by
Sadaf Fayyaz


Yesterday mom and I had a late night discussion on old and rock Pakistani music. Since dad is out to Lahore, she felt quite bored and came to the study, where I was in a process of reviewing some old pieces of classical music. She insisted to play song "Mann ki Lagan" and then "Kehnde ne naina". She enjoyed listening to both the songs.
A home maid had just applied "Henna" on her left hand, she waited until it dried and was eager to see the color on her hand. It looked really pretty on her hand, i must say now. She even kept looking at her hand and was quite happy with a soulful reddish brown color. Even the maid adored and said that her hand looks beautiful with henna. Soon after the house maid left, I woke up and was surprised to see mom's bandaged hand. "What is this?", i asked her. She replied, "Just after the maid left, I started cutting turnips with knife and had a deep cut on my thumb. The blood started trickling down on floor and wasn't stopping at all. It took 10 minutes to make it stopped." She added,"I think, maid had an evil eye, (Usne Nazar laga di he)". I even thought the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment